A B C D E F G H I K L M P R S T U W
- How do I register my eScan product?
Please check the link below
- How to block all eScan Alert pop-ups
Open the Windows Registry (Click here for How to start the windows registry editor? )
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicroWorld/MWErrorMode
Below are the values for MWErrorMode to stop / ...
- How to restore the default eScan Spam rules in the eMail Client
During installation, eScan add's its Spam rule-sets in the default email client (Outlook Express using SMTP/POP3 for sending/receiving emails).
How to restore these default eScan ...
- How to restore Quarantined files
Open eScan Protection Center (ePC), click on "File Anti-Virus", click on "View Quarantined Objects".
All the quarantined files will be shown here.
Incase, any of your genuine ...
- How to manually whitelist a Malware URL
*_Method 1:_*1. Try to access the URL.2. You will get a pop-up, as "Malware URL Blocked" and below you will have acheck box "Add to ...
- How to use spam digest with MailScan?
How to configure and use spam digest with MailScan?
Execute SDigest32.exe from %Program Files%\MailScan\ folder
(For 64 bit system, SDigest64.exe file to be executed)
Upon execution for the first time, ...
- How to add cookies which you dont want to be deleted by privacy control
Go to privacy control > Advance > Options (under internet explorer) > select a cookie from the list of cookies > click on "Add to ...
- How eScan can take updates from ISA Proxy Server?
>> For eScan to take updates from ISA Proxy server the following step need to be carry out at ISA proxy server
>Open the ISA management ...
- How to Repair MDAC without OS CD.
If you do not have a Windows CD:
Right-click on C:\Windows\Inf\mdac.inf and choose "Install".
In the File name box, type %systemroot%\windows\servicepackfiles\i386, and then click Open.
When prompted for ...
- how to install mailscan
How to install mailscan?
Please refer to these user guides:
User Guide: MailScan for Microsoft® Exchange (Microsoft® SBS 2003)
User Guide: MailScan for Microsoft® Exchange (Microsoft® ...
- How to create the debug file for Mailscan?
How to create the debug file for Mailscan?
To create the debug file please follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Right click on the Mailscan icon ...
- How to create the debug file for eScan?
Debug procedure : (For eScan version 10.x and version 11.x) 1) Right click on the red shield icon displayed on the task bar and ...
- How to Pause eScan protection?
Step 1: Right click on the "eScan Protection Center" icon on the taskbar, click on "Pause Protection" Step 2: If you are trying this ...
- How to add authentication info for proxy while downloading eScan hotfix using WGWIN?
You can edit "wgwin.ini" file from following directory C:\program files\common files\microworld\wgwin ( For 32 bit ) OR C:\program files ( X86 )\common ...
- How do I login to the Mailscan Webconsole?
How do I login to the Mailscan Webconsole?
You can login to the Mailscan web-console by following the steps:
On the Mailscan system.
1. Goto Start >> All ...
- How to view Quarantined and HAM emails
Emails which gets quarantined by eScan will get stored in "C:\Program Files\eScan\QUARANT" folder. These files will have .EML extension. To view quarantined emails, open eScan ...
- How to backup the existing Groups & Computers, including the Group(s) / Specific Computers "Policies" and "Tasks" from the Web Console of eScan Server?
Due to some software / hardware related issue, if you wish to format the system or want to install eScan Server on the same or on ...
- How to setup a new eScan Server using imported web console settings of old eScan server
How to setup a new eScan Server using imported web console settings of old eScan server
If you wish to migrate eScan Server on another system ...
- How to update eScan on a pc having no internet access
: How to update eScan on a pc having no internet access :
You need to download the "Weekly Offline Updates" available at the below link ...
- How to configure LDAP authentication in MailScan?
- How can I access the eScan Web-console?
How can I access the eScan Web-console?
You can access to the eScan web-console in 3 Ways.
1. From the eScan server system.
2. From a system ...
- How to install eScan Client manually with the setup file
Where is the "eScan Client" setup file located? &
How to install "eScan Client" manually with the setup file?
To have the eScan client Setup file, you ...
- How to view details of websites visited / allowed of eScan clients from the eScan Web Console
: How to view details of websites visited / allowed of eScan clients from the eScan Web Console :
Bydefault on eScan client systems, only the "websites ...
- How to check RBL server ?
How to check if a RBL server is working and given IP address is listed in it?
You can customise the pre defined RBL servers in ...
- How to purchase eScan for Mac?
How to purchase eScan for Mac?
The eScan Anti-Virus for Mac product will be available for purchase at www.escanav.com website. You can download the eScan_Anti-Virus.dmg file, ...
- How does eScan work on Mac?
How does eScan work on Mac?
The eScan Anti-Virus for Mac is an anti-virus solution provider highly designed only for Mac systems. It works on Mac ...
- How do I install/uninstall eScan for Mac into my Mac system?
How do I install/uninstall eScan for Mac into my Mac system?
For your convenience, eScan provides two methods for installation — CD/DVD-ROM/USB (Media) and Website (Online).
- How can I scan my system for viruses?
How can I scan my system for viruses?
With the option of on-demand scanning, user can run scanning on the entire system, files/directories, USB devices like ...
- How to update the database of eScan for Mac?
How to update the database of eScan for Mac?
Updating the database is very easy, you have to simply click the Update now link on the ...
- How to contact eScan customer support?
How to contact eScan customer support?
The eScan offers 24x7 free online technical support to all its customers, through live chat, telephonic support, forums, and e-mails. ...
- How do I know if my computer is infected by a virus?
How do I know if my computer is infected by a virus?
The eScan’s real time monitor continuously monitors the system for any infections and takes ...
- How to Setup YUM repositories to update or install package from ISO CDROM Image
: How to Setup YUM repositories to update or install package from ISO CDROM Image :
yum (Yellow dog Updater Modified) is a package manager for RPM ...
- How to update the database of eScan offline
: How to update the database of eScan offline :
The offline update file is available at the below links:
For 32 BIT Operating Systems:http://www.microworldsystems.com/download/linux/updates/5x/mwav_32bit_daily_updates.tar.gz
For 64 BIT Operating ...
- How to create a Bootable USB eScan Rescue Disk
: How to create a Bootable USB eScan Rescue Disk :
Incase you do not have a CD-DVD ROM and want to boot the system with a ...
- How to enter a License key/Renewal key for MailScan for Linux?
To enter the License key/Renewal key in Mailscan for Linux follow the below procedure
1. Login to the Mailscan Web-console.
The Mailscan Web-console can be accessed by ...
- How to scan emails downloaded using SSL (secured) connection?
How to scan emails downloaded using SSL (secured) connection?
If you want to enable email scanning in eScan / MailScan while using SSL connection, we can ...
- How can I Renew/Upgrade to V14?
You can Renew/Upgrade eScan to V14 by visiting the below link.
After putting in your old license key, you will get an option to Renew/Upgrade to ...
- How to change eScan Web console’s Root user password
1. Open Command Prompt,
(If you have Windows Vista, Windows 7 or windows 8 then you have to run command prompt with administrative privileges etc. Run ...
- How to check if the MWAgent is installed on the system?
To check if the MWAgent is installed/running on the system please follow the below procedure.
If you are checking on the client system.
1. Start >> Run ...
- How to block SMTP port 25 in eScan Firewall?
Steps to block SMTP port 25 in eScan Firewall -
-Open escan protection center >> Click Firewall >> Settings -Select Interactive Filter -Click Zone Rule delete ...
- How to configure emailing of reports in case of an SSL connection?
To configure emailing of eScan reports in case of SSL connection.
By Default, eScan does not support report emailing when the Mailserver supports only SSL connection.
- How to display Cloud Protection module in eScan Protection Center in SMB & Corporate v14
: How to display Cloud Protection module in eScan Protection Center in SMB & Corporate v14 :
By-default in eScan SMB & Corporate version 14, "Cloud ...
- How to Enroll a device with the server?
Pre-requisites: eScan application should be installed on the device.
When you start the eScan application for the first time after installation, you will get the License ...
- How safe are eScan updates from hackers? What is the what is the encryption algorithm (if any)?
How safe are eScan updates from hackers? What is the what is the encryption algorithm (if any)?
Answer : -
1. All local communications (for tasks and ...
- How to whitelist a file from proactive behavior monitor?
You can whitelist the file from the eScan protection center GUI.
1. Open the eScan Protection Center.
2. Goto File-Antivirus >> Reports.
3. Select the executable from the ...
- How can I block porn images in search engines?
Follow the below steps:
1. Pause eScan protection (Right click on red shield icon and click on "Pause Protection")
2. Open Command Prompt (Elevated mode)
3. Goto the ...
- How can I add an account to the Anti-theft portal?
To add a device to the anti-theft portal, open eScan app on device and go to anti-theft or Contact backup and add the account by following instructions on the screen. After adding the account on the device, login to the anti–theft portal with the same credentials. The device will be added to the list of devices
on the anti-theft portal. ...
- How to track Stolen Device?
Use the following simple steps to track the stolen device-
1. Go to Anti-theft portal
2. Login with your credentials
3. Select your device from the listed devices(if you have added multiple devices to the same account)
4. Click on Locate to execute Locate Command.
5. The status will change to “Request Pending”. Once the command is executed successfully the status will again change to “Locate”.
6. Click on View details.
7. It will display Last known location of your device along with the time stamp. ...
- How Safe surfing works? How can I configure settings for safe surfing?
1. Open eScan on device and go to Safe browsing > Settings > Categories.
2. This will pop-up predefined website categories on the device screen.
3. Select the categories that you wish to allow or block on device.
4. The websites listed in the categories marked in Red will be blocked whereas the categories marked with tick mark will be allowed to open on the device in eScan browser.
5. Tap on “Done” after defining the desired settings. The settings will be applied instantly. ...
- How can I access my account online?
To access your account online, please open following URL in your browser - http://anti-theft.escanav.com:8080/ ...
- How can I install eScan App?
You can download and install eScan on your iPhone or iPad from iTunes as well as from the following link - http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/escan_mobile/escan_mobile-ios.asp
Note – The above link will re-direct you to Appstore / iTunes for software download. Additionally, you can purchase the license key from the above link if you have already downloaded eScan App on your iPhone or iPad . ...
- How much space does eScan and its updates will require?
eScan app takes 20-25 MB space on your phone, including logs and software updates. ...
- How safe is my data with eScan?
Your data uploaded on eScan servers is absolutely safe, eScan servers are protected from any kind of virus attack and are out of reach of hackers. We use our own advanced security products to ensure complete security of our servers and data stored on them. ...
- How can I purchase eScan for my device?
Option – 1
· Go to AppStore on your device and install eScan on your device, eScan comes with a free trial period of 15 days.
· On expiry of the trial period, go to Settings in eScan App and tap on License.
· Tap on Purchase License key online link present on the screen, this will forward you to eScan website.
· Follow the instructions on the page to purchase license.
Option – 2
· Go to www.escanav.com and select eScan Mobile Security for iPhones and iPads from the drop down under Home and Office users.
· Click on Buy Now option to purchase the 30 character license key(excluding “-“ hyphens) for eScan Mobile Security for iPhones and iPads .
· Download and install eScan Mobile Security for iPhones and iPads from AppStore on your device.
· Go to Settings in eScan App and tap on License.
Enter the License key to register eScan. ...
- How to prevent eScan from being removed?
You can enable restrictions for deleting apps, which will require a password to be entered in order to delete any app on your phone. To do this, go to the Settings app on your device's home screen,
tap "General", scroll down, tap "Restrictions", tap "Enable Restrictions",
create a four digit passcode and enter it again when prompted, and then toggle "Deleting Apps" to OFF. ...
- How can I uninstall eScan?
Tap on eScan app icon on your device, all icons on your device will Jiggle, A cross icon will appear on all app icons. Tap on the Cross icon on eScan App. This will uninstall eScan App from your device. ...
- How to check the version number of eScan Mobile/Tablet Security installed on the device?
Open eScan Mobile/Tablet Security. Tap on "Additional" and then tap on "About eScan". You will find the version number of the installed product on this ...
- How do I send the eScan Mobile/Tablet Security debug file to eScan support team?
Open eScan Mobile/Tablet Security. Tap on "Additional" and then tap on "Email Debug file"
This will open the Gmail account configured on your device. Enter the ...
- How can I send the Anti-theft commands to the device?
You can send Anti-theft commands to the device via SMS or through the Anti-theft portal. http://antitheft.escanav.com ...
- How will Container be created on the devices?
Container (Work Profile) will be created on the installation ...
- How will I come to know if the SIM card is removed from the device?
You cannot trace the removal of the SIM card, ...